Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sorry for the absence of posts today!

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the absence of posts today. This morning before breakfast, my son Evan got knocked off a small hay bale pyramid at camp and landed on his wrist. So off we went to the hospital in Ukiah. Sure enough it was broken and later we had to get transferred via ambulance to Kaiser Santa Rosa because we have Kaiser insurance. So at Kaiser they reset the bones and gave him a temporary splint cast and he'll get the real one next week. We finally got home to Petaluma at 7:00 tonight and he's feeling much better. All that to say, I left my camera up at camp so they can take pictures, but I probably won't be able to post pictures until later. However, I have been in contact with the camp and everyone is doing great. Today after lunch the kids got to go down to the river. The water level is really low, so there wasn't a lot of swimming, but they did get to cool off and play in the water, skip rocks, and look for crawdads. Tonight they're having another session, focusing on the camp verse, Psalms 40:2. Tonight they'll be having a movie night, watching the brand new Lego Movie! That is assuming they can get all the equipment set up. Did I mention I'm also in charge of setting up the equipment for movie night? Oops. I'm hoping they figured it out, otherwise, they'll just have another fun night game! Last night we played a game called Wells Fargo, that was similar to capture the flag, but all the kids had landscaping ribbon taped on their backs. They had to try to get ping pong balls from the other team's bucket without getting their ribbon ripped off. We played several rounds of that. So, keep Evan in your prayers. He's doing much better now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post again before the end of camp, but feel free to check in just in case. Worst case scenario, I will post the pictures after I get my camera on Friday. Blessings! ~Jeannine

No comments:

Post a Comment